If you’re interested in contributing a written piece, great! Please read the guidelines on this page before sending anything in.
We will take care of formatting, design and publishing. You just need to write what you want to say.
A submission form is provided further down this page.
If you have a general enquiry please use the email form on the contact page.
Contribute to the unofficial Ilkeston station website
Here are some examples of who we’d like to hear from:
- Town/community champions
- Local business owners
- Individuals from local organisations
- Union members of the TSSA
- Union members of the RMT
- County and borough council members and staff
- Members of the local press
- Commuters looking to get to and from Derby/Nottingham
- Train spotters/rail enthusiasts
- Anyone with knowledge of the exact train operators/routes/timetables
As a thank you for contributing, a link back to a website of your choosing will be included in a dedicated author bio box beneath the article you write. If you don’t want to include a link, we can leave this part out.
An author profile will be set up on your behalf including a biographical blurb of a maximum 160 characters plus a thumbnail profile photo, logo or anonymous silhouette.
Best Practice Guidelines
- Write at least 500 words
- Use British spelling and grammar
- Save a copy to your machine before sending
- Do not send spam or blatant press release content
- Link to relevant/supporting websites/resources
- Write your document in Microsoft Word (doc, docx format)
- If you don’t have Microsoft Office, use the free Open Office software (odt format)
Profile picture/logo (optional)
Please send a profile picture representing either yourself, your business or your organisation.
- Upload your picture using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Alternatively, send your picture directly to us by email (details at bottom of this page.)
- Send .jpeg or .png no larger than 500kb
If your image is very large, use free software like Paint.Net to resize the image (to less than 500kb in file size) and submit it.
Author bio and website link in article footer
We’ll give you a credit/attribution in the form of an author bio and website backlink. This is a short blurb of 160 characters displayed under the article.
Your profile picture is displayed to the left of the text.
Here are some examples:
Want to remain anonymous? No problem. We’ll use the following generic image and bio:
Article submission by direct email
You can send your word-processed submission directly to [email protected]
Article submission by contact form
You can use the submission form below to submit your details and attach a document and image.
Sound and video
Feel free to record video and/or audio. YouTube and Soundcloud are free and offer ample storage space. YouTube appears to let you upload unlimited videos while Soundcloud gives 180 minutes free. If you upload it online, give us the link and we’ll embed it in your published article.
Have a listen to this example:
If you have quick questions but cannot send an email, leave a comment below and someone will respond asap.