We are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of the visitors.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about the way in which you use of the site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. This includes but is not limited to traffic data and location data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for updates and become a contributor to the site..
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymised string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
Information We Do Not Collect
If you’re ordering rail tickets online, we do not have access to any payment details whatsoever. Your transaction is between you and the vendor and this website only collects a commission. No personal details are disclosed to us.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. We use Google Analytics cookies to gather information about your computer in order to assist in improving the website.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie.
Where used, these Analytics cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive.
Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data only and does not send any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the “reject cookies” settings in your internet browser of choice.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide information to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to Ilkeston railway station news.
- To inform you of any changes to the website.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing.
For example, our email newsletter management software is provided by a United States service (MailChimp).
By providing your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure all reasonable steps are taken to make sure your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. Though this has never happened we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send electronically.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Policy Last Updated 15th March 2015